There is something special about 12-fret guitars. Although they fell out of fashion in the 1930s, 12-fret guitars were once the norm, and their longer, elongated body—and the resulting changes in geometry—make a guitar that is deeply expressive and inspiring in different ways. For an all-solid-wood, American-made 12-fret, we generally expect a high price tag, but the Martin 000-15SM is a welcomed exception!
The Martin 000-15SM continues the refined, understated Martin tradition with solid all-mahogany construction, a rich satin finish, and simple appointments. The 000-15SM features a 000-body with a 12-fret neck and a slotted headstock. Its tone is warm, full, and balanced. Like all of the Martin 15-Series, the tone comes from the quality of the woods, and this 000-15SM is a killer 12-fret and an exceptional value in our shop.
- Body Size: 12-Fret 000
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Finish: Dark Mahogany Satin Nitrocellulose
- Top: Solid Mahogany
- Back & Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing: 5/16" Sitka Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Non-scalloped X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4"
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval
- Bridge: Modern Belly, East Indian Rosewood
- Saddle: Compensated Bone, 16" radius & 2-1/4" string spacing
- Bridge Pin Material: Ebony
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Bright Nickel on Side