With its long 27-1/2" scale, the Collings 360 Baritone expands off of the popular 360 LT M by opening up a whole new range of musical possibilities. The 360 Baritone is tuned to low B, which adds low range and dramatically changes the string theory up the neck. When you add a stable Mastery bridge and vibrato system, the 360 Baritone makes for an inspiring tool in any songwriter or recording artist's arsenal, and it opens up new musical voicings and arrangements to explore.
This Collings 360 Baritone (serial #20758) features a solid Flame Maple neck that was carefully set into a solid Alder body. Although its scale is substantially longer than a regular guitar, it doesn't ever feel like a massive, imposing oversized guitar. This is because of the delicate curves of the offset 360 body. With the tremolo arm in, it only weighs 8 lbs 4.0 oz. If the frets weren't subtly farther apart and if the low notes weren't so deep, you might not notice anything was different. It's a comfortable guitar that stays balanced on your lap and on a strap, and that simply makes the Baritone a more approachable instrument.
Thanks to the set neck and solid wood construction, this 360 Baritone is a naturally resonant instrument. Plugged in, that resonance translates to smooth sustain and dynamic response. Alnico-pole P90s from Lollar Pickups only add to that dynamic, touch-sensitive feel. They also help accentuate the warmer frequencies, of which there are plenty! Bass notes bloom and flourish, and the treble side cuts as you need to. Like every Collings, it is set up perfectly, too. Mastery bridge and tailpiece, bone nut, Gotoh tuners, flexible electronics with high-end parts—it's got everything you need and so much more!
- Construction: Solid body w/ level top
- Neck Joint: Extra long tortoise & tenon
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple
- Bridge: Mastery Offset
- Tailpiece: Mastery Offset Vibrato
- Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ ivoroid long dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Pickups: Custom Lollar Alnico-pole P90s
- Pots/Caps: DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Wiring: '50s style
- Knobs: Black top hat
- Pickup Covers: Black
- Nut: Bone, 1-11/16"
- Scale Length: 27-1/2"
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony w/ Mother-of-Pearl Collings logo
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Tuners: Chrome Gotoh w/ Ivoroid buttons
- Finish: Seafoam Green, high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Tortoise (multi-ply)
- Truss Rod: Tortoise (multi-ply)
- Case: Deluxe hardshell from Ameritage
Please note: This color combination is extremely difficult to photograph! It is every bit as Seafoam Green as you could want it to be.