The SC-10E combines Martin’s exciting new 13-fret cutaway offset SC body and the Sure Align neck joint with a satin finish and more approachable price than the SC-13E.
The 13-fret SC body is a fresh look for the acoustic guitar industry, but it's more than just a new shape. Combined with unique Tone Tension X Bracing, the asymmetrical design produces balanced output with clean headroom. Although it sounds fantastic unplugged, the SC-10E truly shines plugged-in (just like the SC-13E). Its body shape provides more gain before feedback, so whether you're on stage or jamming out in your music room, go ahead and crank it up! It's friendly to effect pedals, so this guitar is a great choice for experimentation.
The Sure Align neck system is a radical new idea, too. It features a Linear Dovetail neck joint, where the dovetail is essentially parallel with the strings instead of perpendicular. This eliminates the need for a neck heel, so Martin rounds off the back of the guitar where the neck heel would be. This gives you effortless access all the way to the end of the fingerboard. Combined with the low-profile velocity barrel-shaped neck that ergonomically accommodates your hand as you move up the neck, this SC-10E gives you the comfort and playability of an electric.
As far as future setup adjustments are concerned, the Sure Align system has a built-in Shim port in the neck block. This will allow future guitar techs to adjust the neck angle with ease. In 40 years, this Martin won't need an expensive neck reset to play its best! In fact, it may need no adjustment at all.
- Body Size: Offset S 13-Fret Cutaway
- Construction: Sure Align Linear Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Tone Tension X Brace
- Brace Shape: Treble Side Scalloped X with Non-Scalloped Tone Bars
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Back & Sides: Hardwood with Fine Koa Veneer
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Nut: White Corian, 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Solid Ebony
- Neck Shape: Low-Profile Velocity
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/32"
- Saddle: Drop-In Compensated White Tusq w/ 16" radius
- Tuning Machines: Black Open Gear w/ Butterbean buttons
- Finish: Satin
Although the design team focused on its performance plugged-in, the SC-10E is still a Martin, so it sounds amazing unplugged, too.