Fresh for 2022, the SC-10E combines Martin’s exciting new offset body and the Sure Align neck joint with a satin finish and more approachable price than the SC-13E.
Martin's new offset body is a fresh look for the acoustic guitar industry, but it's more than just a new shape. Combined with unique Tone Tension X Bracing, the asymmetrical body shape produces balanced output with clean headroom. Although it sounds fantastic unplugged, the SC-10E was designed from the ground up to be plugged-in (just like the SC-13E). Its body shape provides gain before feedback, so whether you're on stage or jamming out in your music room, go ahead and crank it up!
Martin's new Sure Align neck system is a radical new idea, too. It features a Linear Dovetail neck joint, where the dovetail is essentially parallel with the strings instead of perpendicular. This eliminates the need for a neck heel, so Martin rounds off the back of the guitar where the neck heel would be. This gives you comfortable, effortless access all the way to the end of the fingerboard. Combined with the new, low-profile velocity barrel-shaped neck that ergonomically accommodates your hand as you move up the neck, this system gives you the comfort and playability of an electric.
As far as future setup adjustments are concerned, the Sure Align neck system also has a built-in Shim port in the neck block. This will allow future guitar techs to adjust the neck angle with ease. In 40 years, this guitar won't need an expensive neck reset to play its best!
- Body Size: Offset S 13-Fret Cutaway
- Construction: Sure Align Linear Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Tone Tension X Brace
- Brace Shape: Treble Side Scalloped X with Non-Scalloped Tone Bars
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Back & Sides: Hardwood with Fine Koa Veneer
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Nut: White Corian, 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Solid Ebony
- Neck Shape: Low-Profile Velocity
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/32"
- Saddle: Drop-In Compensated White Tusq w/ 16" radius
- Tuning Machines: Black Open Gear w/ Butterbean buttons
- Finish: Satin
Although the design team focused on its performance plugged-in, the SC-10E is still a Martin, so it sounds amazing unplugged, too.