A division of Circle Strings in Burlington, Vermont, Iris Guitar Company is a small team of highly-skilled and seasoned luthiers who are dedicated to building a modern instrument that captures vintage-inspired tone and aesthetics. Iris guitars are handmade using a combination of state of the art techniques and old-world craftsmanship.
The RCM is a 12-fret 000 with a slimmer body than any other Iris. At the neck block, the body depth is 3-3/8" and it tapers to 4" at the end block. It's a comfortable 12-fret guitar with a lively voice, and it is named after Christian McAdams, Iris' General Manager who joined in 2020.
We ordered this RCM-000 (serial #596) with an Adirondack Spruce Top, Slotted Headstock, and All-Black Finish with Tuxedo Appointments. Combined with hand-carved Adirondack Braces and Mahogany back and sides, this Iris is voiced to produce a bright, but balanced sound with woody overtones aplenty. It has a 25" scale, 1-3/4" nut width, and the string spacing is 2-5/16" at the bridge.
- Depth: 3-3/8" - 4
- Body Length: 20-1/8"
- Total Length: 39"
- Upper bout: 10-3/4"
- Lower bout: 15"
- Waist: 9-3/4"
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Braces: Scalloped Adirondack Spruce
- Neck Joint: Bolt on Tortoise& Tenon
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4" Spacing
- Saddle: Bone, 2-5/16" Spacing
- Scale Length: 25"
- Fingerboard & bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Top Binding: Ivoroid w/ Black/White/Black purfling
- Back Binding: Ivoroid
- Pickguard: Ivoroid
- Finish: All-Black Nitrocellulose Satin
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Relic Brass w/ off-white buttons
- Case: Hardshell by TKL