The Palisades is an overdrive based on the legendary TS808, and EarthQuaker has managed to load it with a wide range of features, mods, and options found on popular clones as well as vintage examples. The Palisades V2 may be the most versatile relative of the 808 available, and it looks especially sharp in the Limited Edition Sparkle White Enclosure with Slate Blue print.
With 6 different clipping voices, 5 bandwidth settings and 2 gain channels, you will be hard-pressed to not find a setting that will wipe every mid-boosting overdrive off your board. The Palisades is a versatile dude that will give you years of loving companionship.
- Boost: Sets the level of the output boost.
- Gain A: Sets the gain for Channel A (lower gain)
- Gain B: Sets the gain for Channel B (higher gain)
- Volume: Sets the output level
- Tone: Brighter clockwise, warmer counterclockwise
- Voice: 6-way rotary switch that sets the nature of the distortion by changing the clipping diodes: 1. No diodes: The most open and least distorted. 2. LED clipping: Light clipping with a lot of volume. 3. Mosfet clipping: Light gain OD with great harmonics. 4. Asymmetrical Silicon clipping: Tighter light gain OD closest to stock 808. 5. Symmetrical silicon clipping: Tighter distorted tone. 6. Schottky Diode clipping: Looser fuzzy tone.
- Bandwidth: This sets the overall tone and gain structure. 1 is the thinnest setting with the least amount of gain and 5 is the fattest setting with the heaviest gain. Everything else is in between. This control has a major effect on all the settings of the Palisades, especially the Gain and Voice controls.
- Normal/Bright: Normal is a warm full tone. Bright is livelier tone with more chime.
- Buffer: Turns the input buffer on or off. ON is a tighter and brighter tone while OFF is a warmer tone with more sag. The buffer is part of the drive circuit & is only available when the Palisades is activated.
- Boost Footswitch: Activates the output level boost, Features Flexi-Switching for momentary operation.
- Gain B Footswitch: Activates Gain Channel B, Features Flexi-Switching for momentary operation.
- Activate: True bypass switch for Palisades On/Off