When we learned Bourgeois was planning to debut a new model—an extension from their popular Vintage line—we knew we had to lock in the first "Vintage Heirloom" to ship from Lewiston, Maine.
This Bourgeois OMS-Vintage Heirloom is the very first one built. It employs an intriguing 12-fret Orchestra Model design with a long, 25.5" scale. This design pushes the bridge further towards the lower bout, which opens up bass frequencies and provides a looser, more open sound all around. Nevertheless, this guitar retains all the focus and clarity that make an Orchestra Model so desirable.
Thanks to its tight-grained Italian Spruce top, this OMS-Vintage Heirloom responds quickly and accurately. Notes bloom as they should with a light, fingerstyle touch, but it can still handle some push from a flat pick. East Indian Rosewood back and sides provide plenty of sparkle and detail, and thanks to Animal Protein Glue construction, this guitar feels broken-in and opened-up. With "Extra Vintage" appointments such as slim Herringbone purfling, Three Ring rosette, and Zig Zag back strip, this OMS-Vintage Heirloom looks the part, too.
- Body: 12-Fret Orchestra Model w/ slope shoulders
- Top: Italian Spruce
- Back: East Indian Rosewood
- Construction: Animal Protein Glue
- Scale Length: Long, 25.5"
- Neck: Solid Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Peghead: Slotted
- Peghead Overlay: Ziricote
- Fingerboard: Solid Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Short Pattern Abalone Slotted Squares & Diamonds
- String Spacing at Bridge: 2-5/16"
- Rosette: "Extra Vintage" Three Ring
- Back Strip: "Extra Vintage" Zig Zag
- Top Purfling: "Extra Vintage" Herringbone
This Bourgeois OMS-Vintage Heirloom has the refined sound of an instrument you'll want to pass on through the ages.