Fine guitars begin with healthy forests. All around the globe, forests face a wide variety of threats—from deforestation and exploitation to illegal logging and climate change. As a producer of wood products, Martin is committed to supporting a more sustainable path. Models like the OME Cherry use materials that are certified sustainable by the Forest Stewardship Council. When you buy one of these guitars, you're helping the planet and supporting responsible forestry.
Crafted entirely from FSC-Certified woods, the OME Cherry features a 14-fret Orchestra Model body with a Spruce top and Cherry back and sides. As a tonewood, Cherry is dense and reflective, yielding clarity like Rosewood but with more overall balance and mellower trebles. Cherry is a nice choice for an OM, and this guitar shines with a pick or played fingerstyle.
From there, the OME Cherry is styled out, but tastefully. The solid Ebony fingerboard has Diamond and Squares inlays and binding only along the sides. An African Blackwood headplate proudly displays the Martin logo, and the Cherry back and sides on this one show nice figure that is book-matched beautifully.
Under the hood, the OME Cherry has a factory-installed Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT1 electronics, so you can rock out and sound just as good plugged-in as you do unplugged. TKL molded hardshell case included!
- Body: 14-fret Orchestra Model
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Bracing: X-Brace, 1/4" FSC-Certified European Spruce
- Scale: 25.4"
- Top: FSC-Certifed Spruce
- Back & Sides: FSC-Certified Cherry
- Neck: FSC-Certified Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Modified Low-Oval w/ High-Performance Taper
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard & Bridge: FSC-Certified Ebony
- Electronics: Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT1
- Headplate: FSC-Certiefied African Blackwood
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear w/ Butterbean knobs