If you hang around Telluride Music long enough, you'll definitely hear us gush over the Martin 15-Series. There’s just nothing quite as sweet as an all-mahogany guitar. They’re warm and rich, dry and woody—just right for any style of music. With the Martin 15-Series, you’re also not paying for fancy finishes or over-the-top inlays; you’re paying for quality tone woods and the refined sound only a Martin can provide.
This Martin OMC-15ME features an Orchestra Model body with a cutaway constructed entirely of mahogany. Its East Indian Rosewood fingerboard and bridge are an excellent fit, and they also allow the beauty of the woods to show through. Subtle diamond inlays, an under-stated rosette, and a vintage-style “C.F. Martin” decal complete an aesthetic that is truly all about the quality of the woods. Outfitted with a bone nut, bone saddle, genuine ebony bridge pins, and open-gear Grover tuning machines, the OMC-15ME is set up to play and function as it should. When you add a Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT1 pickup system, the result is a great-sounding guitar that will be by your side whenever and wherever you need it.
- Body Size: 14-Fret 000 w/ Cutaway
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Join
- Top: Mahogany
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Braces: Non-Scalloped Sitka Spruce, 5/16"
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard: East Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Short-Pattern Abalone Diamonds & Squares
- Bridge: Modern Belly w/ 2-5/32" Spacing
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq, Drop-In
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuning Machines: Grover Open-Gear w/ Butterbean knobs
- Electronics: Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT1
The Martin OMC-15ME is the signature axe of local singer-songwriter Claybrook Penn.