With a fully carved Engelmann Spruce top and a one-piece Eastern Flamed Maple back, this Collings MT O produces a rich, woody tone that is rounder, warmer, and more complex than your average f-hole mandolin. Its oval sound hole accentuates the bass and low mid response while providing an open, singing tonality that is rich in overtones.
We ordered this Collings MT O (serial #A4166) in Honey Amber finish with a Gloss Top to highlight the quality and beauty of fine tone woods. Built with the meticulous attention to detail we expect from Collings, this mandolin sounds—and plays— every bit as good as it looks, and that's saying something because this one is gorgeous. Its rounder, warmer sound and wide fingerboard provide character that is uniquely different from most modern mandolins. A natural favorite for old-time and traditional music, the MT O is also a great song-writer's instrument or every day player. Also, its X-bracing evokes guitar-like response, so guitar pickers will feel right at home stretching out on the MT O.
- Top: Carved Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Back: One-piece Eastern Flamed Maple
- Sides & Neck: Eastern Flamed Maple
- Top Finish: Honey Amber Gloss Top
- Back, Sides & Neck Finish: Satin Honey Amber
- Soundhole: Oval Hole
- Bracing: X-Brace
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/16"
- Bridge: Ebony w/ 1-9/16" string spacing
- Neck Profile: Rounded V
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Scale Length: 13-7/8"
- Fingerboard Radius: 7" - 11-5/8" compound
- Tailpiece: Collings original tailpiece
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL