Inspired by classic prewar, small-body guitar designs, the Bourgeois L-DBO packs every bit of the distinctive sound that old-time and country blues players love. With its 12-fret neck design and "Aged Tone" torrefied Adirondack Spruce top, this L-DBO combines vintage small-body character and bark with the note articulation and response of a hand-voiced, custom-built guitar.
This Bourgeois L-DBO is a versatile instrument with tons of personality—it's perfect for finger-style blues, old-time accompaniment, or just comfortable playing around the living room. Thanks to its torrefied Adriondack Top, it balances shimmering trebles with mahogany depth and richness. It can cut and bite when you need it to, but it's also really sweet when you play it softly. Animal Protein glue construction throughout helps this brand new guitar breathe like a seasoned vintage treasure. It has a wide dynamic range, and its tone follows your right-hand technique.
As for appointments, this Bourgeois is dressed to the nines with a Black top finish and Madagascar Rosewood fingerboard/bridge. The black is a nice match for the dark Mahogany stain of the back and sides, and it is beautifully offset by Ivoroid binding and an Ivoroid pickguard for that classic tuxedo look. Overall, it's an eye-catching guitar that looks stately and refined but not over the top.
- Body: L-DBO 12-Fret
- Top: Aged Tone Adirondack Spruce (Torrefied)
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Bracing: Aged Tone Torrefied Bracing
- Scale Length: Short (25")
- Rosette: Single-Ring Rosette Ivoroid on end
- Endpiece Inlay: Body Wood
- Body Binding: Ivoroid
- Purfling: Black/Ivoroid on End with Back & Sides
- Peghead Shape: 14-Fret Mahogany
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Mother-of-Pearl Logo with Advanced SD inlay
- Peghead binding: Ivoroid
- Fingerboard: Madagascar Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Tiny Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Fingerboard Binding: Ivoroid
- Nut: 1-3/4" Bone
- Heel Cap: Madagascar Rosewood
- Tuners: Waverly Nickel/Oval/Ivoroid
- Bridge: Madagascar Rosewood
- Pins: Ivoroid
- Pickguard: Grained Ivoroid
- Glue: Animal Protein
- Body & headstock Finish: High Gloss
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Top color: Black
Bourgeois guitars are the future of vintage tone, and this L-DBO 12-Fret will show you why. Deluxe hardshell case included.