Collings electric guitars may look like familiar recreations of iconic vintage templates, but somehow Collings finds a way to push classic designs lightyears into the future. With unparalleled attention to detail and an uncompromising commitment to quality, Collings takes the electric guitar to a higher level.
When Collings started with electrics, the I-35 was the flagship semi-hollow model, and it remains one of the most popular Collings guitars to this day. Unlike many of the semi-hollow guitars that preceded it, the I-35 is made entirely from solid woods, maximizing the acoustic response of the instrument. The I-35 is an articulate, dynamic—and impressively versatile—electric guitar. Its semi-hollow design retains natural acoustic resonance, which translates nicely into its electric tone. At 15" across on the lower bout, the I-35 is more comfortable, manageable, and lightweight than other semi-hollow guitars, too.
This brand new I-35 Deluxe (serial #231225) features a stunning Flame Maple top in Dark Cherry Sunburst, accented by all of the slick "Deluxe" details. In your hands, the figure in the Maple top is intense, and it has a three-dimensional quality as it shifts and flashes in different light settings. This guitar looks so good you could spend an afternoon just staring at it, but the real fun begins after you plug it in.
For pickups, the I-35 Deluxe comes stock with Low-Wind Imperial pickups from Lollar. Because of the all-solid-wood construction, the pickups don't need to add much, so the Low-Wind humbuckers allow the natural acoustic qualities to drive the electric signal. Because of that, your picking dynamics and all the subtleties of your playing style have a huge impact on the electric tone. Plus, the flexible wiring harness delivers usable tones in every setting.
- Construction: Semi-Hollow w/ Maple center block
- Body: Honduran Mahogany
- Top: Premium Flamed Maple
- Neck: Honduran Mahogany
- Body Binding: Grained ivoroid
- Fingerboard Binding: Grained ivoroid
- Peghead Binding: Grained ivoroid
- Bridge: Kluson ABR-1(nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)
- Tailpiece: Kluson Stop Tailpiece (nickel-plated zinc, steel studs)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ MOP long dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Soundhole: F-holes (unbound)
- Pickups: Lollar Low-Wind Imperial Humbuckers
- Pots/Caps: DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Knobs: Custom grained ivoroid top hat
- Pickup Rings: Custom grained ivoroid
- Nut: 1-11/16"
- Scale Length: 24-7/8"
- Neck Joint: Extra long mortise & tenon
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo
- Wiring: '50s-style
- Guitar Finish: Dark Cherry Sunburst - High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Truss Rod Cover: Grained ivoroid
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage