Since 1978, the HD-35 has been one of Martin's best kept secrets. The HD-35 combines the innovative three-piece back design of the '60s with the bold Herringbone and scalloped braces of the prewar era. This rare configuration produces powerful, refined tone you'll only find from a Martin guitar.
The HD-35 features a solid Sitka Spruce top, East Indian Rosewood back and sides, and a three-piece East Indian Rosewood back. In keeping with the history of Style-35 guitars, the centerpiece on the back always provides a nice contrasting grain. Under the hood, its braces are forward-shifted to increase bass presence, and they're scalloped, too, for even, fast response. In 2018, the HD-35 received a well-deserved cosmetic revamp. With an aging toner on the top, Antique White binding, and an Old-Style "C.F. Martin" logo, the HD-35 now has the right look to match its impressive sound.
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back: Three-Piece Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Sides: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bracing: Forward-Shifted, Scalloped 1/4" X-Bracing
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4"
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Profile w/ High Performance Taper
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Solid Ebony
- Saddle: Compensated Bone, 2-5/32" string spacing
- Top Inlay Material: Bold Herringbone