The Grand Jumbo is a relatively new Martin body size, but it is a welcomed addition to the Martin lineup and an excellent fit for a 12-string neck. The Grand J measures 17" across on the lower bout, so it is more of a true jumbo than Martin's traditional J body (which is essentially a deeper 0000/M body). Nevertheless, with the Grand J-16E 12-String, Martin reduced the standard depth so that this Grand J body is slender like a 000. It still packs a huge sound, but it doesn't feel quite as massive in your lap.
Like the other Martin 16-Series models, the Grand J-16E 12-String is all business. Solid Spruce top, solid East Indian Rosewood back and sides, genuine Ebony fingerboard, scalloped X bracing under the hood, and even Fishman electronics to boot! This made-in-USA powerhouse is a full-bodied, muscular guitar that generates lush, well-balanced harmonics with strong, solid low end. Yet, it remains expressive and articulate, so while it can handle heavy 12-string strumming, the Grand J-16E is also a great choice for drop tunings and intricate 12-string fingerstyle.
- Body Size: 14-Fret Grand J (000 Depth)
- Top: Spruce
- Back & Sides: East Indian Rosewood
- Top Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Back & Side Finish: Satin Lacquer
- Bracing: Scalloped X-Brace
- Brace Material: Spruce, 2-5/16"
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Nut: Bone, 1-13/16"
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq, 2-5/16" Spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother-of-Pearl Dot
- Bridge: Ebony Modern Belly
- Bridge Pins: Black Tusq w/ Mother-of-Pearl inlay
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Electronics: Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT2
If you're looking to add a quality 12-string to the quiver, look no further! The Martin Grand J-16E is a 12-string that brings a lot to the table. It is versatile, and it packs a big sound, but it is approachable and articulate, too. Deluxe padded soft case included.