In 2017, Martin announced that select Standard Series models would be available with LR Baggs Anthem pickups. We sure are glad they did because the Anthem is one of the best-sounding pickups available today. With LR Baggs' patented "TruMic" technology, the Anthem produces warm, pristine sound with the quality and fidelity of a studio-mic'd guitar anywhere you perform.
This Martin DC-18E sports a gorgeous Ambertone sunburst based on the 1933 "Western Shaded" top finish. It features a 14-fret dreadnought body with cutaway, constructed of a Sitka Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides. Its tone is big, fat and warm with all the rich dynamics and subtlety only a proper Martin can produce.
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce w/ Ambertone sunburst finish
- Back & Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing: Forward-Shifted X Brace, 5/16″
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval with High Performance taper
- Nut: 1-3/4″ Bone
- Saddle: Bone, 2-5/32″ spacing
- Fingerboard: Solid Ebony w/ Old Style-18 Inlay
- Bridge: Solid Ebony
- Tuning Machines: Open-Back Grover w/ Butterbean knobs.
- Electronics: LR Baggs Anthem