Reimagined for 2020, the Martin X-Series models now sport select hardwood fingerboards and bridges (instead of Richlite composite) as well as updated appointments such as a Pearloid rosette. While the genuine wood bridge and fingerboard certainly enhance the guitar's sound transfer, the nicer-looking appointments don't affect the sound, but they sure do add to the guitar's mojo!
The Martin D-X2E 12-String is a hard-working 12er at a player's price! It features a solid Sitka Spruce top and Mahogany-pattern High-Pressure Laminate (HPL) back and sides. Like a good 12-string should, it fills the room with lush, encompassing sound. Its tone is rich, complex, and full of harmonics. And with Fishman MX electronics under the hood, the D-X2E 12-String ready to take you wherever your music needs to go.
- Body Size: 14-Fret Dreadnought w/ 12-String Neck
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Macassar-pattern High-Pressure Laminate (HPL)
- Bracing: Scalloped X-Brace, 5/16" SItka Spruce w/ 1/4" Tone Bars
- Fingerboard: Select Hardwood
- Bridge: Select Hardwood
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Nut: White Corian, 1-7/9"
- String Spacing at Saddle: 2-5/16"
- Saddle Material: White Tusq
- Electronics: Fishman MX
All X-Series models now include a soft gig bag featuring headstock, bridge, and endpin protectors, a durable water-repellent exterior, and foam padding.