No guitar demonstrates the sweet, classic "Martin Sound" quite like a good D-18. Since 1934, the 14-fret D-18 has been Martin's flagship mahogany dreadnought. Its voice is powerful and well-balanced with every bit of that low-end thump we all love so much.
New for 2023, the D-18 can be ordered in a Satin Amberburst finish, and this is the first one we've had in the shop. The finish gorgeous, and the satin vibe feels appropriate for such a time-tested design.
This modern D-18 features the iconic 14-fret dreadnought body built with a solid Spruce top and solid Mahogany back, sides, and neck. The result is a fat, powerful, and cutting tone that is rich in woody mahogany overtones. Like the models of the ’30s, it is set up with a 1-3/4″ nut width and a 25.4″ scale length. Its Modified Low Oval neck is comfortable, and Martin’s High Performance taper allows players to get up the neck quickly and easily. Unlike the original ’30s models, though, this D-18 features an adjustable truss rod and drop-in saddle, so dialing in the ideal setup is effortless. Also, its playability was perfected further with Martin’s innovative use of PLEK technology. This D-18 is a phenomenal instrument—true to its history and exemplary of Martin’s commitment to quality and superior tone.
- Body: 14-Fret Dreadnought
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top: Spruce
- Top Finish: Satin Amberburst
- Back & Sides: Genuine Mahogany
- Back & Sides Finish: Satin
- Bracing: Forward-Shifted, Scalloped X Brace, 5/16″
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval with High Performance taper
- Nut: 1-3/4″ Bone
- Saddle: Bone, 2-5/32″ spacing
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Solid Ebony
- Tuning Machines: Open-gear Grover with Butterbean knobs
This D-18 Satin Amberburst includes a deluxe hardshell case.