No guitar demonstrates the sweet, classic "Martin Sound" quite like a good D-18. Since 1934, the 14-fret D-18 has been Martin's flagship mahogany dreadnought. Its voice is powerful and well-balanced with every bit of that low-end thump we all love so much.
This modern D-18 features the iconic 14-fret dreadnought body built with a solid Sitka Spruce top and solid Mahogany back, sides and neck. The result is a fat, powerful, and warm tone that is rich in woody mahogany overtones. Like the models of the ’30s, it is set up with a 1-3/4″ nut width and a 25.4″ scale length. Its Modified Low Oval neck is comfortable, and Martin’s High Performance taper allows players to get up the neck quickly and easily.
Unlike the original ’30s models, though, this D-18 features an adjustable truss rod and drop-in saddle, so dialing in the ideal setup is effortless. Also, its playability was perfected further with Martin’s innovative use of PLEK technology. This D-18 is a phenomenal instrument—true to its history and exemplary of Martin’s commitment to quality and superior tone.
- Body: 14-Fret Dreadnought
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Genuine Mahogany
- Bracing: Forward-Shifted, Scalloped X Brace, 5/16″
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval with High Performance taper
- Nut: 1-3/4″ Bone
- Saddle: Bone, 2-5/32″ spacing
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Solid Ebony
- Tuning Machines: Open-gear Grover with Butterbean knobs