Each year at the NAMM show, we collaborate with the Martin Custom Shop to select tone woods and create exclusive guitar designs for Telluride Music Co. Each TMC Exclusive is a one-of-a-kind custom guitar that can only be found at 8,750 ft elevation. Infused with the spirit of Telluride and crafted by the skilled artisans at the Martin Custom Shop, these guitars transcend the ordinary.
Last year, we were drawn to the selection of Koa available at the Martin Custom Shop. Koa is a hardwood from Hawaii, valued for its rarity and beauty. In the instrument world, Koa provides clarity like rosewood, midrange like mahogany, and top end like maple. We thought it would be an intriguing choice for an Orchestra Model, offering a subtly different tone profile and EQ.
As we picked through dozens of Koa sets, we found one with interesting character along the center and a book-match that was just right. But our friend Theresa from the Martin Custom Shop seemed oddly attached to this set, directing us towards certain choices and dissuading alternatives. Reflecting her influence on the specs and resulting celebrating this unique piece, we call it "Theresa's Guitar." These are her specs, and the result is a work of art.
This Custom Shop OM features an Ambertone top finish and Style-41 top border. It has dark Rosewood binding that makes the pearl pop against the sunburst. The Ebony fingerboard sports Style-45 snowflake inlays, and it even has Rosewood binding along edge—not the most flashy detail, but a touch of elegance that requires high-level of precision to pull off. The artistry from the Martin Custom Shop remains unparalleled.
The Custom Shop OM-41 boasts a premium High Altitude Swiss Spruce top and hand-graduated, scalloped Adirondack Spruce bracing. While some might expect Koa sound brighter, this guitar surprises with a well-balanced sound. It retains the shimmering, detailed treble content you want from Koa, but it offers more body than other Koa guitars. When the instrument is voiced properly—and built from the finest materials available—it's no surprise you get a fuller, more versatile sound.
- Body Size: 000 14-Fret (OM)
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Top Material: Certified European Spruce (High Altitude Swiss) Premium
- Back & Sides: Highly Figured Koa
- Top Color: 1933 Ambertone Sunburst
- Top Border: Style-41 Abalone
- Rosette: Style-45 Abalone w/ Black Maple Fiber
- Binding: East Indian Rosewood
- Bracing: Adirondack Spruce, Scalloped, 1/4"
- Bridge Pins: Liquid Metal - Bone with Red Dot
- Bridge Material: Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly
- Saddle: Compensated Bone Drop In
- Adhesive: Modern Adhesive
- Fingerboard: Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Style-45 Snowflakes with Select Abalone
- Spacing: 1-3/4" (Nut) x 2-1/8" (12th Fret) x 2-5/32" (Saddle)
- Finish Package: Gloss Body w/ Satin Neck & Polished Headplate
- Headplate: Koa w/ CFM Script with Select Abalone
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Open-back Grover w/ Butterbean buttons
Elevate your musical expression with one of the TMC Exclusives from the Martin Custom Shop—where tradition meets innovation, and each chord resonates with a story waiting to be told.
Heads up—the lid of the case got scuffed in shipping. It's 100% cosmetic, but made us a little nervous when we first opened it up! We've discounted the case cost from the price.