Each year at the NAMM show, we collaborate with the Martin Custom Shop to select tone woods and create exclusive guitar designs for Telluride Music Co. Each TMC Exclusive is a one-of-a-kind custom guitar that can only be found at 8,750 ft elevation. Infused with the spirit of Telluride and crafted by the skilled artisans at the Martin Custom Shop, these guitars transcend the ordinary.
We've ordered small-body 12-frets in the past, but we realized we'd never ordered a 14-fret. This gave us the idea to build a 14-fret 00 with a short-scale and some kind of intriguing hardwood to create something kind of like a small OM. At the NAMM Show, the Custom Shop had gorgeous Black Walnut that showed intense flame and good book match. As you moved certain pieces around in the light, the wood showed an almost three-dimensional color shift of brown, caramel, and purple from the right angle. We found the perfect set for our 00.
From there, we specified an Italian Alpine Spruce top and 1/4" scalloped Adirondack Spruce braces. The combination gives the guitar a balanced sound—more like an OM than a small body—and it has fast, smooth response even with a light touch. This 00-41 has incredible sustain, and its tone has body and nuanced character. It sounds amazing brand new, so imagine what is going to sound like after someone puts it through the paces.
Since the Custom Shop lets you style them out, why not have fun? Style-41 top border with a rare Knopfler-style Rosette and Style-45 Snowflake inlays to guide your way down the fingerboard. On the peghead, a Torch inlay sets off the Black Walnut headplate. And in the soundhole? The custom "Telluride Music Co." label lets you know this is a special guitar, designed to be a unique individual that will inspire you just like the San Juan Mountains that surround Telluride.
- Body: 14-Fret 00
- Top: Italian Alpine Spruce Premium
- Back & Sides: Exceptionally Figured Black Walnut
- Bracing: Adirondack Spruce, Scalloped 1/4"
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Binding Material: Antique White
- Rosette: Knopfler Style-45 Black Maple Antique White
- Top Color: Clear
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval
- Fingerboard Material: Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Style-45 Snowflake (Long pattern)
- Spacing: 1-3/4" X 2-1/8" X 2-5/32"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly
- Bridge Material: Black Ebony
Bridge Pins: Liquid Metal - Bone with Red Dot
- Adhesive: Modern Adhesive
- Finish Package: Gloss Body w/ Satin Neck & Polished Headplate
- Headplate: Walnut with Style-45 Torch
- Tuning Machines: NIckel Grover Open-back w/ Butterbean buttons