Introduced by popular demand in 1976, the Martin HD-28 includes many of the features players and collectors prize about prewar Martin dreadnoughts. Since 2018, the "Reimagined" Standard Series pushes theis42-year-old model to a new level.
This HD-28 features a solid Sitka Spruce top and East Indian Rosewood back and sides. Like the original D-28s of the '30s, its top is supported by "advanced" forward-shifted, scalloped X-bracing. The result is accurate, expressive response, and like every good Martin dreadnought, a voice that wants to launch across the room. Of course, an HD-28 wouldn't be an HD-28 without Martin's iconic Herringbone purling, and we think the light aging toner and Antique White binding give this HD-28 the look it needs to honor the classic dreadnoughts that came before it.
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bracing: Forward-Shifted, Scalloped 5/16" X-Bracing
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4"
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Profile w/ High Performance Taper
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Solid Ebony
- Saddle: Compensated Bone, 2-5/32" string spacing
- Top Inlay Material: Bold Herringbone