The Collings 0002H is a 12-fret like no other. Similar in dimensions to a classical guitar, the 0002H is built with a 12-fret neck and a 15"-wide 000 body, and it even has a slotted headstock and a pyramid bridge. Although it's the same width and depth as the OM, the longer body allows for more bass and overall volume. This makes the Collings 0002H ideal for string-band purists or any guitarist who wants maximum power from an instrument of comfortable size with an elegant, old-time appearance.
This 0002H G (serial #33190) features a German Spruce top and East Indian Rosewood back and sides. As soon as you touch the strings, this 0002H G comes alive with an intensely-detailed sound. It is even and balanced across the register, and the bass punches through like a bigger guitar. At the same time, it feels open and dynamic, and its refined tone shows off the nuances and subtleties of your playing style.
Most 0002Hs come with a wide 1-13/16" nut width, but we ordered this one with a 1-3/4" nut and 2-1/4" string spacing. While some fingerstyle players might prefer a wider spacing, this makes it more friendly to folks accustomed to the prewar-appropriate 1-3/4" feel. In addition to the custom nut width, we also added fingerboard and peghead binding, and that makes this 0002H G feel classy and stylish without hedging on over-the-top or ostentatious.
- Body: 12-fret 000
- Top: German Spruce
- Back & Sides: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck: Honduran Mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid w/ Herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: Ivoroid
- Peghead Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge: Ebony pyramid-style with 2-1/4" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony w/ abalone short diamond & squares
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Bridge Pins: Ebony w/ Mother-of-Pearl dot
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, Drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered slotted square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with Mother-of-Pearl Collings logo
- Tuners: Nicke Waverly
- Back Strip: 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette: iv/tort/iv & b/w purflings
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-Brace
- Body Finish: High-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High-gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Case: Deluxe hardshell by TKL
Playing this 0002H G is an inspiring experience. Throughout the spectrum, the tone remains detailed and pretty, and the balance opens up a wide range of options. Plus, it's a very comfortable, manageable guitar. Nobody does it like Collings!