The Traditional Series or "T-Series” guitars reflect Bill Collings' return to his guitar making roots and offer a new tonal variation on the distinctive Collings sound. Each T-Series guitar is built using animal protein glue and a very thin, all nitrocellulose lacquerfinish, making them exceptionally dynamic and responsive. Bracing and tone woods are adjusted for weight and thickness to create a voicing characterized by warm, rounded highs and a present low midrange, while retaining a quick attack and strong projection.
This Collings D2HA T (serial #28867) features a torrefied Adirondack Spruce top and East Indian Rosewood back and sides back and sides. We ordered this one with a Sunburst top finish, which looks beautiful on top of the baked Adirondack. The combination of the top wood, sunburst, herringbone purfling, and the thin T-Series lacquer finish gives this guitar a timeless aesthetic. As for tone, it is big, cutting, and rich in complexity. This dreadnought is an impressive instrument from a truly impressive builder.
- Top: Torrefied Adirondack Spruce
- Back & Sides: East Indian Rosewood
- Construction: Animal Protein Glue
- Brace Pattern: Custom Traditional Series Pre-War Scalloped X-Brace (No Tongue Brace)
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, Cut-through
- String Spacing: 2-5/16"
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Solid Ebony
- Frets: Medium 18% Nickel-Silver