The Collings Baritone 2H is a powerful, thunderous beast of a guitar—so much so that playing one is practically a religious experience. Although the concept of a baritone acoustic guitar is extremely difficult for most builders to pull off, the Collings Baritone utilizes their DS body dimensions to communicate the deeper harmonic range beautifully. With deep yet articulate bass, the Collings Baritone makes for an inspiring tool in any songwriter or recording artist's arsenal, and it opens up new musical voicings and arrangements to explore. As soon as you pick it, new songs, melodies, licks, and ideas fall right out of thin air.
This Collings Baritone 2H (serial #29311) features a solid Sitka Spruce top and solid East Indian Rosewood back and sides. We ordered it with a Western Shaded sunburst and Cowboy Rope purling because we wanted its aesthetics to be every bit as inspiring as its incredible tone.
- Body size: DS
- Scale Length: 27.5"
- Overall Length: 42"
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bracing Pattern: Un-scalloped X-brace w/ three tone bars
- Neck: Solid Honduran Mahogany
- Nut: 1-3/4" Bone
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Bridge & Fingerboard: Solid Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Saddle: Bone w/ 2-5/16" string spacing
- Frets: Medium 18% Nickel-Silver
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Case: Deluxe hardshell by TKL