Collings electric guitars may look like familiar recreations of iconic vintage templates, but somehow Collings finds a way to push classic designs lightyears into the future. With unparalleled attention to detail and an uncompromising commitment to quality, Collings takes the electric guitar to a higher level.
The I-35 LC is the flagship model that features the custom laminated construction technique Bill Collings and his R&D team developed in pursuit of the best tonal qualities of the vintage semi-hollow guitar design. Bill determined that—when crafting electric instruments designed to be used at higher volumes—the resonant qualities of a guitar need a high degree of focus to achieve the classic semi-hollow guitar tones we all love from sought-after vintage guitars. After years of refining the design, Collings is able to produce laminate instruments that respond acoustically in perfect harmony with their electronics. The specific laminate construction is customized for each model, and it allows Collings to optimize the voice of their instruments for superior response and tone.
The Deluxe version adds high-end details to the I-35 LC. Overall, it's an articulate, dynamic—and impressively versatile—electric guitar. Its semi-hollow design retains nice natural acoustic resonance, which translates nicely into its electric tone. This I-35 LC Deluxe (#191224) was made in 2019, and it features a stunning Aged Sherwood Green Finish. It has the double parallelogram inlays on the fingerboard and a custom matching parallelogram inlay on the peghead. This is a classy guitar that somehow sounds better than it looks.
- Construction: Semi-hollow w/ maple center block
- Body: Maple laminate
- Top: Maple laminate
- Neck: Honduran Mahogany
- Finish: Aged Sherwood Green
- Body Binding: Ivoroid w/ black/white purfling
- Fingerboard & Peghead Binding: Ivoroid
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Ebony w/ Mother-of-Pearl Collings logo
- Peghead Inlay: Parallelogram
- Fingerboard: Solid Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays: Parallelogram
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Scale Length: 24-7/8"
- Nut: Bone, 1-11/16"
- Bridge: Aged Kluson ABR-1(nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)
- Tailpiece: Aged Kluson Stop Tailpiece (nickel-plated zinc, steel studs)
- Wiring: '50s Style
- Pickups: Lollar Imperial Humbuckers
- Pots/Caps: DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Knobs: Custom Ebony
- Pickup Rings: Black
- Pickguard: 3-ply Black
- Tuning Machines: Aged Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo & Ivoroid buttons
This 2019 Collings LC Deluxe is gently used and shows minimal signs of play and wear. The Aged Finish and Hardware treatment is so tastefully done. It feels like a Collings that has been waiting for you in the case since 1959. Plugged in, the low-wind Lollar Imperial humbuckers have a dynamic, touch-sensitive sound that can sizzle and push your amp over the edge. At the same time, the controls give you the flexibility to coax sweeter, softer tones ringing with sustain and depth. Great guitar! Original Ameritage case included.