George Fullteron and Leo Fender founded G&L in 1979 to further expand Leo's innovations in the electric guitar. Many view G&Ls as the pinnacle of Leo's designs. Constructed in Indonesia, the G&L Tribute line offers Leo's brilliant designs at accessible price points. When you compare the Tributes to similarly-priced import guitars, they have so much more to offer.
The G&L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy is a factory-modded version of Leo’s final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe, and the semi-hollow version takes it further with G&L's distinctive twin voice chambers and f-hole added to a beautiful swamp ash body. Like its solid-body stablemate, this axe delivers a well-balanced pairing of a G&L alnico humbucker designed by Paul Gagon and a single-coil G&L Magnetic Field Design bridge pickup designed by Leo Fender.
Framed in a classic boxed-steel bridge, the single-coil MFD bridge pickup delivers crisp attack with complex harmonics while individual brass saddles offer modern levels of intonation refinement. Flip to the neck humbucker, and you'll discover all the charismatic warmth you could ask for. In the middle position, you'll find yourself immersed in exploring the limits of this guitar's surprising versatility. What's more, the semi-hollow body softens the midrange attack, accentuating the low and high harmonics.
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Body: Semi-hollow Swamp Ash with twin voice chambers and f-hole
- Neck: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- Nut width: 1-5/8"
- Neck radius: 9"
- Neck profile: Medium C
- Frets: Medium jumbo, nickel
- Neck pickup: Paul Gagon-designed AS4255C alnico neck humbucker
- Bridge pickup: Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD single coil bridge pickup made in Fullerton, California
- Tuning Machines: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- Bridge: Traditional boxed-steel bridge with individual brass saddles
- Controls: 3-position pickup selector, master volume, master tone
This 2016 G&L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow is in excellent condition. it shows some expected playwear (see photos), but nothing severe. No repairs, no issues—just a good hardworking electric guitar at a great price. Gator gig bag included!