The Traditional Series (or "T-Series”) reflects Bill Collings' return to his guitar making roots, and these models offer a new tonal variation on the distinctive Collings sound. Each T-Series guitar is built using animal protein glue and a very thin, all-nitrocellulose lacquer finish. The goal is to produce exceptionally dynamic and responsive instruments. Bracing and tone woods are adjusted for weight and thickness to create a voicing characterized by warm, rounded highs and present low midrange, while retaining quick attack and strong projection.
One of the newest additions to the Traditional Series, the 002H T brings a more vintage-inspired approach to the Collings 12-fret 00. This model is designed to have a strong fundamental response and open feel, with rounder highs and less overtone complexity compared to the regular 002H.
We ordered this 002H T (serial #32206) with a Baked Sitka top and the standard East Indian Rosewood back and sides. It features a comfortable 12-fret 00 body with a 24-7/8" scale length, slotted peghead, and pyramid bridge. The longer 12-fret body helps balance the tone with articulate bass response and excellent note separation. The Baked Sitka top helps in that regard, too, but like any torrefied top, it also gives the guitar a more open, played-in feel. On the T-Series, Baked Sitka goes one step further in capturing the authentic sound of the '30s, but in a beautifully-constructed package only Collings can produce. The precision—and attention to detail—they put into their guitars is truly impressive.
- Body Size: 12-fret 00
- Top: Baked Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: East Indian Rosewood
- Construction: Traditional Series Build and Voicing
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Pattern: Custom Traditional Series Pre-War Scalloped X (No Tongue Brace)
- Scale Length: 14-7/8"
- Neck: Honduran Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Traditional
- Neck Joint: Mortoise & Tenon Hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Body Binding: Ivoroid w/ Small Brown Herringbone Purfling
- Bridge: Ebony Pyramid w/ 2-5/16" spacing
- Bridge pins: Iovorid w/ Black Dot
- Saddle: Bone, Drop-In
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" Compound
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Gold Mother-of-Pearl Short Diamons & Squares
- Fets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4"
- Peghead: Taper Slotted Square w/ Volute
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Gold Mother-of-Pearl Collings Logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
Every detail on this 002H T was artfully executed, like only Collings can do. The small brown Herringbone is gorgeous, and it matches the beautiful caramel color of the torrefied Baked Sitka top. This is a 12-fret you won't want to put down!