Inspired by depression-era flattop guitars, the Martin 17-Series are humble in their simplicity, while delivering crisp, warm tone. The 17-Series convey the tone, feel, and vibe of treasured 1930s guitars, but they are built with modern-day precision that allows for 21st-Century setup and playability.
The Martin 000-17E features a 14-fret 000 body that is comfortable on your lap, and its tone is warm and full with smooth, even projection and nice response, thanks to lightweight scalloped bracing. The combination of a Sitka Spruce top, Mahogany back and sides, and Rosewood fingerboard and bridge provide a familiar woody tone that is dry and crisp. Unlike the guitars of yesteryear, this 000-17E sports a Modified Low Oval neck profile and Martin’s Performing Artist neck taper. As a result, this guitar is extremely playable. With innovative Fishman Matrix VT Enhance electronics under the hood, this Martin 000-17E is ready for the stage and the studio, too. Overall, this is one of the more playable and versatile 000 size guitars in the shop.
- Body Size: 14-Fret 000
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Bracing: Scalloped X-Brace
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce, 5/16"
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: 1955 Style-18 Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Bridge: Rosewood Modern "Straightline"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone Drop-In w/ 2-5/32" string spacing
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- Peghead Decal: Script Authentic 1933 "C.F. Martin & Co." Logo
- Electronics: Fishman Matrix VT Enhance
This 000-17E sports Martin's gorgeous satin Black Smoke finish. With ivoroid binding and matching ivoroid pickguard, this guitar sure looks slick. Everyone needs a tuxedo guitar!