Inspired by depression-era flattop guitars, the Martin 17-Series are humble in their simplicity, while delivering crisp, warm tone. The 17-Series convey the tone, feel, and vibe of treasured 1930s guitars, but they are built with modern-day precision that allows for 21st-Century setup and playability.
The Martin 000-17 in Whiskey Sunset finish features a 14-fret 000 body that is comfortable on your lap, and its tone is warm and full with even projection and quick response, thanks to lightweight scalloped bracing. The combination of a Sitka Spruce top, Mahogany back and sides, and Rosewood fingerboard/bridge provide a familiar woody tone that is dry and crisp. Unlike the guitars of yesteryear, this 000-17 sports a Modified Low Oval neck profile and Martin’s Performing Artist neck taper. As a result, this guitar is set up nicely with smooth, low action—easy to play all the way up the neck. Overall, this is one of the more playable and versatile 000 size guitars in the shop. Plus, it's hard to not love the Whiskey Sunset finish on top of the natural Spruce grain.
- Body Size: 14-Fret 000
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Bracing: Scalloped X-Brace
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce, 5/16"
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: 1955 Style-18 Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Bridge: Rosewood Modern "Straightline"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone Drop-In w/ 2-5/32" string spacing
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- Peghead Decal: Script Authentic 1933 "C.F. Martin & Co." Logo