Looking for crisp, clear, resonant tone in a mid-size guitar that is comfortable to play and also stage ready? Look no further—the Martin 000-16E has you covered!
The 000-16E features a solid Sitka Spruce top and Granadillo back and sides. Sometimes referred to as "black Cocobolo," Granadillo provides clarity, sustain, and a broad frequency range that produces articulate bass response but also maintains bell-like overtones and sparkle. The mid-size 000 body provides the best of both worlds—tight, balanced sound and open low-end resonance. The 000-16E remains responsive and focused like a small-body guitar, but it has a wider range, almost like a big body. Nevertheless, it remains comfortable in your hands and on your lap. It's a great fit for fingerpicking, but it can still handle a heavy strum.
Under the hood, you'll find Fishman Matrix VT Enhance electronics, which retain the guitar's natural acoustic characteristics plugged in. While some pickups distort a guitar's acoustic tone, the 000-16E remains crisp, clear, and smooth through an amp or PA.
- Body Size: 14-Fret 000
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid Granadillo
- Bracing Pattern: Scalloped X-Brace
- Braces: 5/16" Sitka Spruce
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Neck: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Ebony Modern Belly
- Bridge Pins: Black Tusq w/ Mother of Pearl inlays
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq, 2-5/32" string spacing
- Tuning Machines: Open-back Grovers w/ Butterbean knobs
Whether plugged in on the stage or acoustic in the living room, the Martin 000-16E is a guitar that packs a deep punch but still keeps its note clarity. Martin deluxe padded soft case included.