As early as 1915, Martin began experimenting with ukulele designs. Since then, Martin ukuleles remain among the highest-quality ukes you're likely to find. They sound great and are constructed with the integrity and attention to detail we've come to expect from C.F. Martin.
Proudly made in Nazareth, Pa., the Martin 2K Concert Uke features solid Hawaiian Koa top, back, and sides. Koa is a variant of Acacia that is native to Hawaii, and it is a favorite for traditional island tone. Unlike many ukuleles—which are shoddily constructed and have issues over time—the 2K Concert Uke actually has an applied dovetail neck joint—just like a good Martin 6-string! The result is a ukulele that is truly deserving of the "C.F. Martin & Co." decal on the head plate.
- Body Size: Concert Ukuele
- Construction: Applied Dovetail Neck Joint
- Scale Length: 15"
- Top: Hawaiian Koa
- Back & Sides: Hawaiian Koa
- Neck: Genuine Mahogany
- Braces: Non-scalloped Sitka Spruce, 1/4"
- Fingerboard Width at nut: 1-13/32"
- Fingerboard Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: 1/8" Abalone Dots
- Nut Material: Black Tusq
- Bridge Material: East Indian Rosewood
- String spacing at saddle: 1-41/64"
- Saddle Material: Compensated Black Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Grover Open Gear
The 2K Concert Uke demonstrates that Martin builds superior-quality ukuleles. Its tone is warm and refined, and thanks to its Koa construction, it captures an authentic Hawaiian sound. Deluxe padded gig bag included.