The Collings 0002H is a 12-fret like no other. Similar in dimensions to a classical guitar, the 0002H is built with a 12-fret neck and a 15"-wide 000 body, and it even has a slotted headstock and a pyramid bridge. Although it's the same width and depth as the OM, the longer body allows for more bass and overall volume. This makes the Collings 0002H ideal for string-band purists or any guitarist who wants maximum power from an instrument of comfortable size with an elegant, old-time appearance.
This Collings 0002H (#33632) produces a robust balanced sound with brilliant-sounding trebles and tight bass thump. This would be a superlative fingerstyle guitar—because of both the complex tone and the wider fingerboard—but it is versatile like an OM. With a flat pick, it adds shimmer and detail to old-time fiddle tunes. You'll also find the balance and comfortable mid-size body make for an inspiring songwriter around the house.
We ordered this 0002H 12-Fret to 100% catalog specs, and it's impressive to see what Collings offers at the standard level. This 0002H is constructed of a Sitka Spruce top and East Indian Rosewood back and sides. It has a 1-13/16" nut width, and the Modified V neck profile feels just right. Bold Herringbone purfling around the top edge is a classy touch.
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck: Honduran Mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2-5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone short diamond & squares
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Bridge pins/End Pin: Ebony w/ Mother-of-Pearl dot
- Nut: Bone, 1-13/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- PEghead profile: Square w/ volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise & Tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with Mother-of-Pearl Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly
- Backstrip: 2-Style (Zipper)
- Rosette: iv/tort/iv & b/w purflings
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Pattern: Prewar scalloped X-brace
- Body Finish: High-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High-gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Case: Deluxe hardshell by TKL
Regardless of your playing style, you'll find a home on this 0002H. Like everything Collings, the spec sheet is executed with the highest degree of precision and attention to detail. Amazing instrument!