Looking for crisp, clear, resonant tone in a small-body guitar that is comfortable to play and also stage ready? Look no further—the Martin 00-16E has you covered!
The 00-16E features a solid Sitka Spruce top and Granadillo back and sides. Sometimes referred to as "black Cocobolo," Granadillo provides clarity, sustain, and a broad frequency range that produces articulate bass repose but also maintains bell-like overtones and sparkle. Because its top is braced with light 1/4" braces that are also scalloped, the 00-16E responds quickly, and in many ways, its tone follows your right hand touch. Under the hood, you'll find Fishman Matrix VT Enhance electronics, which retain the guitar's natural acoustic characteristics plugged in. While some pickups distort a guitar's acoustic tone, the 00-16E remains crisp, clear, and smooth through an amp or PA.
- Body Size: 14-Fret 00
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid Granadillo
- Bracing Pattern: Scalloped X-Brace
- Braces: 1/4" Sitka Spruce
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Neck: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Ebony Modern Belly
- Bridge Pins: Black Tusq w/ Mother of Pearl inlays
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq, 2-5/32" string spacing
- Tuning Machines: Open-back Grovers w/ Butterbean knobs
Whether plugged in on the stage or acoustic in the living room, the Martin 00-16E is a guitar that packs a deep punch but still keeps its note clarity. Martin deluxe padded soft case included.